WFilter IP-MAC binding solution
IP and mac binding is important to business networks. Without ip-mac binding, you can not identify clients or deploy internet access policies to correct clients.
You can do ip-mac binding in various ways:
- Configure static ip addresses in client devices, and forbid modifying.
- Assign static ip address in the DHCP server. Please note: clients can modify ip address manually.
- Configure port-based mac binding in switch.
The "ip-mac binding" feature of WFilter Enterprise can help you to check ip-mac binding. Clients will be blocked when ip-mac binding relationship is violated. This feature can work together with above solutions to prevent IP modifying.
However, because WFilter Enterprise does not provide DHCP service. Please note:
- Do not enable IP-mac binding in WFilter in a DHCP network. Otherwise, clients will be blocked on ip changing.
- In a multiple-segment network, MAC address collector is required for ip-mac binding of multiple subnets.
- For a better IP-mac binding solution, please check: IP-mac binding module of WFilter NG Firewall